Saturday, April 30, 2011

april review

so the end of this month turned out to be a total disaster but ill get to that in a bit. turns out this month has been a huge roller coaster of highs and lows. guess ill start with the life portion of it, the begining of the month was decent went clubbing once and the went to the opening of rehab at the hard rock (beach club). and the rest of the month hasnt been to exciting and not much has happend. as for poker im on a wild ride with loops and sharp curves. well to start it off online poker was going ok for what i did play and then boom death switch to online poker and now its illegal and no u.s. players can play so that was like an ultimate bad beat. and live poker for most of the month was going good seemed like i was running really hot and things were going really well, so well i was able to step up to the 2/5 games with 20 buyins for that level (ontop of my 1/2 bankroll). and things started off decent, won decent on the first day, pulled a horrible bluff the next day for my stack, then the next three days were awesome and wona totall of 4 buyins. and then there are these last 3 days of the month. ohhhhh if only there was a rewind button... where do i begin so on the 28th was just a bad luck day, i was card dead for most of the time i played and when i picked up a hand and flopped top 2 the guy had bottom set on a drawy board so i can chalk that up as varriance, then theres the 29th.
this day had to do with ego issues and ill get more into that in a bit. but to start the day off i was down like 30-40bb's nothing to crazy just how the hands went i guess then this guy 3 bets me from the button i call trying to set mine and wiff the flop of A 2 6, the flop has 2 dimonds and i think i can rep a lot on the turn so i flat his flop bet, turns a K of dimonds and i lead out for just over half pot, he calls and the rivers a blank and i shove and he tanks for a minute or so and calls with AQ no dimond, so i was repping a set or flush or possible AK but i guess it looked fishy or somthing idk it is kinda in the air between a smart bluf that just got called or suicide who knows. then theres today. started off the day decently and within a few orbits pretty much doubled up. then was card dead for an hour or so, mean while theres 2 lags at the table one to my left and there just thorwing money around. i finally get into a pot with the guy to my left theres 2 limpers and i raise to 30$ with AQ in the sb, lag to my left 3bets to 120$ gets folded to me and i thaught for a bit hes been super active and bluffing a lot but ive never seen him three bet. anyway i 4 bet and he shoves and now i have to call and he has AK and holds up, he only had 500 at that point so it left me with 200$ left. then like 3 hands later theres 1 limper and i raise withAQ again splashly like im steamed and everyone folds to the limper who calls. flop comes 7 high and we both check turn is a Q and he checks and i bet like 50$ splashy like again. he calls and the river is a 7 and he shoves, i call and he shows 5 7 to put salt in the wound, guy to my left also says he had a 7 for the case 7...sweet. so thats how the end of my month went.
moving up to 2/5 has affected my play dramatically these last 3 days and ive had a lot of mental wars going on in my head, basically meta gaming with my self. my first thaught is that these players are on an upper level and now i need to be on the next level above taht to win. wich isnt the case cause that mostly involves me trying to out bluff them in wrong spots like on the 29th. that has happend to me before as well when ive moved up stakes online i felt i needed to be super aggressive at the next level when i really didnt and it quickly ruined me. ive read that when your moving up you usually dont need to change your game that much, and i feel like ive been pressure myself beyond my comfort to make plays i dont normally make to try and be a winning player at the higher level, which i just need to play my normal game and im glad ive caught myself before its way too late. another thing that has been driving me crazy is the players at 2/5 i think the aria has got worse since the internet has shut down, and what i mean by that is that most of the people from the interwebs are starting to play there and also venetian a little too. ive met a couple of them and that was cool and everything but the problem is that they are either 100nl online players or above, which makes the games pretty difficult which i knew was going to happen, and it also made me think that usually theres only 3-5 2/5nl games going and say if all the players were winning players where is the money to be won, your basically trading coolers and maybe getting lucky here and there but in the long run are you really going to win that much against regulars, which you wont. the money to be won is from the bad players wich aria doesnt seem to have that much of. it just made me think if the only games that are offered are games with winning players why do you sit in them unless you know you are gonna be the winner right. its just a lot of thaughts going through my head, and ive decided to take tomorrow off and just recollect everything and get myself back into the zone to where i was playing profitable and not some agro kid putting his money in bad. i still do believe over the long run ill be a winning player at 2/5 specially if i had more time and more of a sample but for the next two weeks i need to really just play smart and not get myself into those bad situations. thankfully i am still up in profit for the month and it was going to turn into a super stellar month if i didnt go and fuck it all up but heres the results wich are still my best to date

online:+50$
live: +2950$

my live roll now sits at 12,500. and my online roll im getting off online since theres no more interweb poke for me :(

No comments:

Post a Comment