Wednesday, May 11, 2011

thats a wrap

so a little bad news, well i wouldnt call it bad news but kinda a dissapointment is that im leaving vegas on friday. partly because of poker this week and also because of my mental state. so to recap on the poker i did play which was only one day, in the first hour i played AK pretty aggressivley and shoved the turn when a board showed j 6 2 with two dimonds turn was a blank 5 and he called relatively quickly and river was another jack and he showed j 4 of spades, so thinking most players at 2/5 can laydown a pair with horrible kicker to a turn shove is an understatment but guess i was wrong. then 30 minutes later i get into a 3 way pot and turn a straight on a paired board with a verry loose and splashy player and get it all in and i end up running into the top of his range and he has a boat. saaweeet. so in an hour and a half i lost 1000$ and that is the fastest and most ive ever lost, so guess i can leave here with another accomplishment.
after that day wich was monday i decided ive been on a bit of a downswing for the past week besides one really good day, im just going to cut my losses and get out of here before i lose more. in all retrospect i really dont need to leave untill the end of the month but there are a couple of decisions that pushed me towards leaving on friday. i know some of you are probablly like your crazy why would you want to leve vegas 2 weeks earlier than you have to. i think the main reason is so that i can get everything setup in alaska so i can start my summer work and not be rushed to find an apartment and everything. also ive decided to drive back up, my original intentions were to keep my stuff in washington fly up and get a cheap ride for the summer and then fly back down to washington after the summer season but its cheaper to just drive up so why waste the money, although im really not looking forward to the drive cause ive drove it twice already and allthough it is pretty its very long and boring but yeah. also im going to be talking to some top guys in washington about my job so if they wanted me to work there for a couple weeks before going up to ak then it give me an oportunity to do so. so those are the main reasons as to why im leaving a little early but also my mind frame is just set to leave and once somthings in my head i dont really change the plan and losing that last 1000$ just pushed me even more to leave on friday. to recap my winnings though between live poker and online poker i am leaving here up 11,000$ which actually is way above my expectations and i can consider this trip an all around success seeing how i just wanted to at least break even this winter while making my game fundamentally sound. i will go more into all the details about the trip and my progress in my vegas recap which will probablly be my next post. if you add up all my monthly winnings on the right of the page though there a little off on the calculations and i should have 1350$ more in profit there somwhere so ill just say this month i made 1350 which might actually be true since i didnt keep track of my 2/5 winnings really. as for now ive been cleaning up and packing my apartment up and getting ready for the road so not to much else besides that. whenever there is a time for me to play poker though im giving myself a 12,750 dollar bankroll. between my winnings from live poker and my already existing bankroll online thats what it comes out to. i never intended to use the money i put up for my live bankroll to be used for poker so i took that out of the equation and just added my net winnings from live and my online roll so whenever its time to grind in the future thats what i will be starting with. so i think this post is long enough. next post will be my vegas recap and ill talk about my expeirience and things about my trip and poker so keep tuned for that

2 comments:

  1. with a roll that big why dont u just pump poker full time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i make more, from my summer job than i do poker and live poker is a crazy grind, ill talk about it a lot in my next post

    ReplyDelete